These chewy fudgy brownies, are a delight to a chocolate lover. because they have chunks of chocolate sandwiched in between layers of chocolatey brownie batter. and topped with more chocolate and walnuts.
CHEWY FUDGY BROWNIES RECIPE is
- Fudgy and Chocolatey
- Its Chewy
- It is not cakey.
- You can completely make ahead
- perfect to bake for a crowd.
what makes a brownie fudgy ?
A fudgy brownie, is the classiest way a brownie should be. Having said that, people also love their brownies to be cakey. Brownie generally has a high fat to low flour or dry ingredient ratio, whereas a cakey brownie has a higher amount of flour in them and lower butter and chocolate.
So for a fudgy brownie recipe –
- chocolate, butter and or oil is definitely higher.
- The flour and the cocoa powder together will be less. For eg: for an 8×8. flour and cocoa powder will be around 100-120gms maximum. The lower you go, the fudgier your brownie will get. But I suggest sticking to around 100 gms. Simple ? yes it is..
And for a Chewy Brownie – an extra egg yolk is added.
Lets get to what goes into this recipe
CHOCOLATE FUDGE BROWNIES
For this recipe, I have kept my best chocolate brownies as a base, and have tweaked in to get a fudgy, moist and a chewy brownie
Lets break down the recipe for Chocolate fudge Brownies
- Good quality dark chocolate – I used 64% dark chocolate, so recommend using a good quality chocolate. A good quality chocolate will have cocoa butter and that contributes to the fudginess in the brownie.
- Butter and oil – this recipe has butter and oil. Oil is to increase the moistness and The butter contributes to the fudginess
- Flour– all purpose flour here. no cake flours or any other flour.
- Cocoa powder – deepens the chocolate flavour. As said earlier, cocoa powder and flour together will be around 100 grams. I use Hersheys.
- Eggs – large egg and an egg yolk. the extra egg yolk makes the brownie fudgy and chewy.
- Sugar – dark brown sugar here. the high molasses content in the sugar, helps contributing to the moistness in the brownie.
HOW TO BAKE THESE CHEWY FUDGY BROWNIES FROM SCRATCH
the batter is simple to whip up. So here you go
- Always grease and line your pan for fudge brownies, with the parchment paper a little above the tin. SO you can easily lift it out of the pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter with oil and bring down to room temperature.
- Add whisked eggs and sugar, to melted chocolate. then fold in the flour
- Layer your pan with a layer of the brownie batter then the chopped chocolate and then another layer of the brownie batter. Mix in walnuts
- Top it off with more chopped chocolate and walnuts.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE BROWNIES
- 8×8 inch square pan
- parchment paper
- electric beater
- knife to cut the bars
- nonstick spray / bake spray
- small and medium bowls
- pan to melt chocolate
- 100 grams all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 60 grams butter measure and melt
- 60 ml vegetable oil or canola oil
- 175 grams semisweet chocolate chopped – anything around 55% to 70% cocoa
- 130 grams brown sugar soft and dark
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 grams semi sweet chocolate chopped or chunks
- 100 grams walnuts optional
- Melt chocolate, oil and butter. Put oil, chocolate and butter in a pan. once the butter melts, remove from heat and work your spatula with the chocolate. until completely melted. Set aside.
- Grease and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper with the sides extra over the edges. Preheat oven 170°c or 340°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder and salt. set aside. This is your flour mix.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs sugar, vanilla until well blended.
- Add the cooled down melted chocolate mixture. Mix.
- Then fold in the dry flour mix. That we kept aside in step 2
- The batter will be gooey. You are right
- In a pan layer a little of the batter, then fill it with chopped chocolate. Cover with the remaining batter. Top it up with walnuts and more of chopped chocolate.
- Bake at 170°c or 340°f for 25 to 30 mins. However check in between 22 to 28.
- Take it out of the oven. let it rest in the pan for 15 mins. Remove from the pan with the help of parchment. Let it cool completely before cutting.
- This is a fudgy brownie, so do not overbake, Make sure you have some light wet crumbs when you take out the brownies from the oven
- This brownie recipe is perfect to fit in an 8×8 pan. However you can bake as many batches as required.
- Always cut, when the brownie has completely cooled down
HOW TO CUT BROWNIES
- Once the brownie is out of the oven, let it sit in the pan for about 10 to 15 mins.
- Lift the parchment paper with the brownies and place it on a wire rack. let it cool down to room temperature completely.
- make indentations approximately for a guide on the brownie. Then slowly cut it.
- It will slightly be moist thats fine. that is chocolate melted inside.
CAN I MAKE THESE BROWNIES AHEAD
Oh yes you can make these brownies completely ahead. Store them as said. Warm it up and lay it up on the table. This way you can enjoy your party without the hassles of being in the kitchen all the time.
STORING CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
Fudgy brownies, taste well the day they are baked. However I personally love them, cooled rested. and warmed to eat the next day.
- You can store these in air tight container. keep it at room temperature around for a week ( yes tested).
- Keep it refrigerated to store it for longer.
- Warm it up slightly in the oven or a microwave.
- Serve it up with your favourite ice cream and sauce.
Pin it for later
How did you serve your brownies? when did you make these brownies? #sweetspotbakeblog on insta and tag us @sweetspotbakeblog.
Much Love and