This Eggless Brownie Recipe, is fudgy, moist and a completely eggfree recipe. Perfect for all the vegetarians and egg intolerant (allergy).
- A little about this eggless brownies recipe
- How to make these eggless brownies
- What Can I Replace Eggs in Brownies.
- Vegan Substitutes
- INGREDIENTS for these eggless brownies
- Lets get making these eggless brownies recipe – step by step
- COOLING & CUTTING BROWNIES
- Dessert Ideas for Potluck, buffet or dinner
A little about this eggless brownies recipe
While I totally love brownies with eggs, because of its richness in flavour, structure and moistness. I do not regret making eggless brownies. Why deprive the ones who are intolerant or just dont eat them for cultural reasons or lifestyle reasons. So that is why I came up with these.
So this eggless brownie recipe is all things good It has all the deliciousness minus the egg. A little more on that later
- It is moist, a little fudgy.
- Egg free .
- vegan substitutes for egg
- Easy to make. because you can prep in about 15 mins and bake in about 25 to 30 mins
- Simple ingredients right from your pantry. So nothing fancy here.
- Completely suitable for a make ahead dessert. Check out the dessert ideas.
How to make these eggless brownies
Before the ingredients, mixing and baking, lets get to know what can we substitute egg with.. !!
Here we go
What Can I Replace Eggs in Brownies.
In brownies, eggs are usually used for moisture, flavour, richness from the yolk. So now lets take get at it.
Now in this recipe – yoghurt/hung curd/thick curd has every element needed to replace egg in this eggless brownie recipe. it has moisture, fat and the richness – so a full fat yoghurt is all you need. And nothing else.
- Butter – For a butter substitute, use the same amount of applesauce, vegan butter, apple butter.
- Yoghurt – Use a yoghurt made out of non dairy milk – Almond, soy milk, make a good substitute for vegan here.
- Chocolate – Use a Chocolate that has no additives. a vegan certified chocolate.
INGREDIENTS for these eggless brownies
Very simple ingredients that are available in your pantry
- Butter – Plain unsalted butter here.
- Chocolate – a good quality chocolate, with good cocoa content about 45 to 64%. Anything above this will give you dark chocolate brownies. If that is fine, just go ahead with dark chocolate that is around 70 percent or more.
- Flour – Just like other brownies, its all purpose flour. nothing else
- Cocoa Powder -Natural Unsweetened cocoa powder is the best you can use here. It gives a deep rich cocoa flavour. Now if you are looking for a darker colour brownie, then go for dutch processed, which gives an intense colour to the brownie.
- salt – for the balance and an elevated flavour.
- yoghurt – full fat thick yoghurt or hung curds will do here in this recipe. No other egg subsitute.
- sugar – Brown dark and soft is the best option. However you can use a combination of white and brown sugar. I have used only brown, and that is the reason its moist.
- Hazelnuts or walnut or chocochips – for topping or mixins.
Lets get making these eggless brownies recipe – step by step
HOW TO GET THE FAMOUS BROWNIE CRINKLE ON TOP
Beat the sugar and yoghurt.until smooth and fluffy. Incorporating some air into sugar and yoghurt. Check here how your yoghurt and sugar mixture should be.
Baking Time 30 mins
- Always measure your ingredients and keep it ready
- Melt Chocolate and butter in a saucepan –
You will first melt butter, remove from the stove top. then add the chopped chocolate, and let it sit in hot butter. this will melt the chocolate. (I do not use microwave. ) If not pop it back on to the stove for a minute and then work with a spatula until it is completely melted.
- Preheat the oven. Line and grease a pan with parchment sheet. with a little extra on the edges.
You can grease the pan with softened butter and flour. or a nonstick spray
- Whisk Dry Ingredients. Set aside. except the mix ins
- Using an electric beater. whisk Sugar and yoghurt until smooth and lightly fluffy.
- Add in the melted chocolate
- Now fold in the dry ingredients. until well mixed. If you have any mixins you will add it now. I did not use any.
- Transfer the batter to the pan. Top it with hazelnuts or walnuts.
- Bake in the middle rack. Remove it, let it cool in the pan for a good 30 mins. Before cooling it on the wire rack.
COOLING & CUTTING BROWNIES
- Before cutting through the slices. You will cool completely and I cant stress enough on that.
- First you will let the brownies sit in the pan for atleast 30 mins.
- Next remove from the pan using the parchment sheet. Place in on a cooling wire rack.
- Then you will let it cool completely to room temperature. And then cut
- Use a serrated knife to cut the brownies, wiping the knife after each use.
MAKE AHEAD THIS EGGLESS BROWNIES FOR A CROWD
This Eggless Brownie can be completely made ahead and stored in an air tight container.
The shelf life is a good 3 to 4 days in room temp (24 deg c/ 75deg f).
in the refrigerator it will hold good for atleast 15 days to a month.
Dessert Ideas for Potluck, buffet or dinner
- Sizzling brownie sundae – a slice of brownie, topped with some vanilla ice cream and hot chocolate sauce and nuts served on a hot sizzling brownie plate
- Brownie Fudge Sundae – a slice of brownie with a scoop of an ice cream topped with the best fudge frosting
- A plain Brownie topped with some whipped cream frosting and some berries, will take up your dinner table a notch higher.
Brownies Make Excellent food Gifts
- Brownie Bites in a jar
- Brownies with whipped cream in a jar
- Brownie mix in a jar. With a small tag for instructions.
What did you make these brownies for ? Let me know on
Other recipes you may like
Eggless Chocolate Brownies
Tools/Equipment you will need
- 8×8 pan
- parchment sheet
- Saucepan to melt chocolate and butter.
- Large and medium bowl
- electric beater or whisk.
- knife to cut the brownies
- 150 grams (1 cups) semisweet chocolate – chopped
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 120 grams (1 cup) all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder – dutch or natural
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150 ml (1/2 cup + 1½ tbsp) yoghurt – full fat thick or hung curds.
- 130 grams (1/2 cup + 2 tbsps) brown sugar – soft dark – break the lumps or white sugar
- Measure all your ingredients
- First melt the butter, the add chopped chocolate. Remove from heat. Use a spatula mix until the chocolate is completely melted. Else return back to low heat and melt. Set aside to cool it down
- Preheat oven at 160 °c/320° f. Line and grease an 8x8x2 square pan. the parchment paper should be a little out of the edges.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, salt. Set aside
- In a large bowl, using an electric beater or a hand whisk, beat yoghurt and sugar, until light and slightly fluffy.
- To the yoghurt and sugar mixture, pour in the melted butter and chocolate. Mix on low speed.
- Then fold in the flour, using a spatula. Mix in your nuts, or chocolate chips at this stage
- Place it in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25 mins.
- Remove, check for doneness. There must be crumbs, when tooth pick is inserted.
- Let the brownies sit in the pan for atleast 30 mins. Then remove from pan and place it on the wire rack and let it cool completely before slicing.
- DO NOT SLICE/ CUT THE BROWNIES while it is hot, or just out from the oven. It will crumble.
- LET THE BROWNIES COOL COMPLETELY.