BLUEBERRY OATMEAL MUFFINS
A lovely breakfast muffin recipe. That can be prepped or made ahead.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Servings: 12 muffins
- 200 grams all purpose flour/whole wheat flour If using whole wheat flour read recipe notes
- 120 grams oats rolled or instant.
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 120 ml oil vegetable or canola
- 240 ml milk
- 250 gms blueberries
- 80 gms soft brown sugar
- 80 gms coconut sugar
Preheat oven to 160°c. Line the muffin pan with liners or spray with non stick spray.
In a medium bowl, mix flour, cinnamon powder salt, baking powder. whisk and keep aside
In a large bowl, lightly whisk eggs vanilla, add sugars, oil, milk. With an electric beater, beat well until it forms an emulsion. To this add the oats and let it soak up for about 2 to 4 mins.
Now fold in the flour gently in to the oatmeal mixture, and give one mix on lowest speed with the electric beater.
Finally add the blueberries.and fold until evenly spread.
Bake for 12 to 15 mins at 160°c. Or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let the muffins stay in the pan for about 15 mins, before transferring to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Use fresh or frozen blueberries. Frozen blueberries can directly be used. No need to thaw
- I recommend not using whole wheat flour with oats, the muffins will get denser. But if using whole wheat flour. Increase the milk to 260ml
- Milk Replacement for Lactose intolerant - almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk, oats and rice milk.
- Sugars - Coconut sugar.