CHEWY DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BLONDIE RECIPE
A chewy Blondie batter filled and topped with dark chocolate.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 9 bars
9x13 pan or an 8x8 / 9x9 square pan
knife to cut the bars
mixing bowls 2 medium and large
nonstick spray / bake spray
- 225 grams melted butter measure and melt
- 280 gram brown sugar(break down the lumps) i used dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 300 grams all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 100 - 200 grams semi sweet chocolate chocolate from a bar, cut into squares or randomly
- 100 - 200 grams dark chocolate chunks 70% dark(any cocoa percentage that you prefer)
Melt Butter in a sauce pan. Transfer to a large bowl, let it cool down.
Preheat oven. Line and flour or spray a 8x8 square pan or a quarter sheet pan 9 x 13
In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, corn starch and salt. Set it aside. This is your flour mix
Now to the cooled butter, add the brown sugar, beat well until it is blended well. Make sure there are no sugar lumps left.
Then add the eggs and vanilla. Giving a mix, until its just mixed. leaving no streaks
Fold in the flour mix. You will mix, until there are no flour seen.The batter will be gooey
Divide the batter, or just eye ball. First pour the blondie batter, just enough to cover the base of the pan. Fill the next layer with chocolate squares. Cover with the remaining batter. Top it with chocolate chunks.
Bake at 170°c or 350°F. for 25 mins. Until a toothpick inserted comes out with crumbs
Let it sit in the pan for 10 mins, before transfering on to the wire rack.
Let it completely cool down before cutting into bars
- Melted Butter : you will first measure and then melted. Bring it to room temperature or even luke warm is totally fine. But make sure it doesnt go back to solid state.
- Brown sugar has lumps, while beating break down all the lumps. So there are no pockets of sugar left. Sugar in this recipe can be altered according to personal preference. you can go up to using 340 grams of sugar.