- 150 grams oats - instant or quick oats
- 75 grams almond flour
- 60 grams coconut sugar
- 120 ml coconut oil - read recipe notes
- 200 grams blueberries - fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp cinnamon - ground
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum - optional (I did not use in this recipe)
Spray and line a square 7x7 or an 8x8 pan with a parchment paper. Preheat oven.
Take a mixing bowl, put all the dry ingredients(oats, coconut sugar, almond flour, ground cinnamon) use a fork to simply whisk . If using xanthan gum, you will add it at this stage.
Now, add in the coconut oil or nut butter(read recipe notes). mix well until it all comes together. Fold in the blueberries, gently into the oats mixture.
Now transfer to the pan. Now, since this does not have a binding ingredient. You will have to press the oats batter tight into the pan.
Bake at 170°c for 25 mins. Take it out, and let it cool completely. Then let it refrigerate and cut when chilled.
- These bars are crumbly, hence they dont stand good in room temperature. So I recommend to keep the bars chilled.
- To have a binding factor, use xanthan gum or nut butter
3. Coconut oil - used here to keep it vegan and for the taste. you can also vegetable oil Alternatively you can use melted dairy butter if not vegan.
4. NON - GLUTEN options - you can add flour refined flour. and in that case you will omit the xanthan gum.
- Xanthan gum - it is a food additive, used as a thickening agent. In baking, it turns into gel like consistency, when mixed with liquid, which enables it to bind. Very important for gluten free baking. here you may use 1/4 tsp mixed into the oats before adding any liquid. I did not use them in my bars
- Nut Butter - Use the said quantity of any nut butter.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 12IU | Iron: 1mg
keyword -blueberry bars, gluten free oats barsblueberry recipeshealthy blueberry recipeshealthy dessertshealthy snacks gluten free, healthy snacks veganvegan oat bars, blueberry oatmeal bars,