OATMEAL CRANBERRY COOKIES
A loaded cake like cookie. Perfect for a Breakfast
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time12 mins
chilling time30 mins
Total Time52 mins
MAKE THE DOUGH
- 250 g butter room temperature
- 180 g brown sugar
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 180 g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tbsp vanilla extract
- 200 g instant oatmeal
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 180 g cranberries
- 60 - 80 g walnuts/almonds/pecans
In a seperate bowl mix flour, cinnamon powder, baking powder and salt. Keep aside
Cream butter and Sugar until smooth, Use an electric hand mixer.
Add eggs one at a time, beat until well incorporated. Add Vanilla extract
now add the flour mixture, give a good mix.
change to a spatula and fold in oats, cranberries and almonds.
Chill the dough for about 20 to 30 mins.
AFTER CHILLING, TO BAKE
Preheat the oven at 170ºC .
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly greased. Scoop the dough and place them with atleast 2 inches gap between them.
Bake for a good 12 mins. You may check for doneness from 10 to 12 mins.
Cool the cookie completely on the cookie sheet before transfering on a wire rack
- Its important to chill the dough enough. Otherwise these cookies tend to spread a quite.
- However you can play with chilling time. I chilled mine for about 20 mins to be specific. So you dont see my cookies spread well. If you want a flatter cookie, chill it for a lesser time.
- The cookie dough when mixed will be very sticky. And that is fine.
- The Cookie is meant to be chewy and soft cake like.
- You can add raisins instead of cranberries. Or you can add them both. I prefer dark raisins.
- These cookies stay good at room temperature for a week