CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BROWNIE BAR
An indulgent dessert or a snack. A cookie layer topped with fudge brownie.
Prep Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
THE COOKIE LAYER
- 175 grams all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 115 gms butter melted and brought to room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 90 grams granulated white sugar
- 70 grams brown sugar soft or dark
- 100-150 grams dark or semisweet chocochips
THE BROWNIE LAYER
- 100 grams all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 45 grams soft brown sugar
- 70 grams granulated white sugar
TO MELT TOGETHER
- 150 grams semisweet or dark chocolate chopped
- 80 ml vegetable oil
- 50 grams butter
Grease a 9X13X1½ or 2''. Line with parchment paper.
Melt the butter. Transfer to a large bowl and let it cool ( this is for the cookie)
In the same saucepan, melt butter. To this add chocolate and oil. Mix until homogeneous.Keep aside. Let it cool.(this is for the brownie)
MAKING THE COOKIE LAYER
Preheat oven at 160°c
In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt. Keep aside
In another bowl, use an electric beater and combine, melted butter, and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla extract. blend until well mixed.
Now slowly fold in the flour mixture, mix until all the flour is just combined. Add in the chocolate chips. Now the cookie dough is ready.
Now spread the cookie dough in the prepared sheet/tray pan. keep aside
MAKING THE BROWNIE LAYER
In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. keep aside
In the large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla extract together.
add the cooled chocolate mixture to the eggs and mix well using a spatula or a whisk.Combine until the batter is homogeneous.
Now add the flour. the batter will be gooey.
Pour the batter on to the cookie layer, spread well until the cookie layer is covered completely.
Bake in the middle rack for 20 to 25 mins, until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out with crumbs.
let the cookie brownie bar cool completely in the pan before transferring to a wire rack.
Cut into bars. Serve with a topping of your choice.
- This recipe is suitable for a 9X13 pan. However mine was a tad bit smaller.
- The bar size is a good 1.5 inch size height
- The recipe can be doubled quadrupled to fit a half sheet pan or a full sheet pan
- It is recommended to bake at low temperature, so the cookie is not overdone