CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BROWNIE BARS, its something so indulgent and its fully loaded.with flavours and textures. Therefore, these make for a good party dessert. At First, if you are the host you are looking at Easy and Make ahead Dessert Ideas. SO thats where these Cookie brownie bars come handy.
With Cookie bars, something that has been trending all over. I decided I must get them on the blog. While being inspired by Sallys Cookie bars. and totally fell flat for them. Especially after the chocolate chip cookie brownie bar thats on her blog. Oh My those are something to go bonkers over. And best of both the worlds. Imagine you are Chocochip cookie lover and a brownie lover.And you get both in the same bake? ahhmazzing… Right
So, this is Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie + A decandent Fudgy brownie = CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BROWNIE BAR
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BROWNIE BAR
This is a layer of Soft Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Topped with a sheet of fudgy Brownie. Baked and cut into bars. Ready to be served as desserts. Just plain or with your favourite sauce or icecream and nuts.
- Its a super decadent dessert. I would call it a lazy dessert recipe.
- It is Easy
- Can be made ahead.
- Perfect to Feed a crowd
- And gives you number of different desserts with this one cookie bar.
MIXING AND BAKING CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BROWNIE BAR
- First of all, this recipe uses simple basic ingredients, flour, butter sugar, dark chocolate, cocoa powder. chocolate chips and eggs.
- Its a tray bake, using 2 basic recipes. My Soft and Chewy Cookie Recipe and Classic Brownies recipe. Make the cookie dough. Make the brownie batter. layer each one on top of the other. The Cookie dough needs to be spread thin.
- Bake them at low temperature, because you do not want the cookie or the brownie to be overbaked. So bake at low temperature around 160 deg celsius for about 20 – 25 mins. Please check in between.
- Let them completely cool in the tray. Transfer to wire rack. Cut them into bars.
- Serve these with icecream, your favourite sauce or whipped cream.
- Check the recipe and the instructions. For a detailed and time saving method.
Tools you need :
- mixing bowls
- Electric beater
- measuring scale & spoons (mandatory to all my recipes)
- Baking Pans – Rectangle or sheet pans. This recipe is perfect for a 9×13 quarter sheet pan.
TIPS TO MAKE AHEAD OF A PARTY
- Make the cookie dough in advance, refrigerate or you can even freeze it.
- On the day of serving or the party, preheat the oven, Remove the cookie dough from the freezer/refrigerator. layer on the lined pan. Keep aside.
- Make the brownie batter. Put it on top of the cookie dough layer.
- Bake and slice into bars.
- Prepare any toppings like caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, nuts, m&ms, nutella, or berries. Keep at room temperature before serving.
- Serve them with any topping you like. If not just pick any of the ideas below
DESSERT IDEAS WITH CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BROWNIE BARS
- Chocolate chip cookie brownie bars Sundae with vanilla icecream and your favourite sauce. It can be caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, nutella, Topped with some toasted nuts. Now there you have 3 to 4 options plus you can also set up a sundae bar. If you are entertaining a huge crowd .
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar with fudge frosting. All you have to do is, bake the bar. Top it with the fudge frosting. Cut them into bars. There you go, an easy make ahead dessert. All of it can be made ahead. And be left at room temperature before serving. Top them up with some toasted hazelnuts, making it all the more a decadent dessert.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Bar, with a little whipped cream and berries. keeps it simple and light.
- Chocolate chip Cookie Brownie Bar Mess – Yes, this one is an easy jar dessert, or can be put in small see through glasses – Cut the cookie bar into bite sized squares. Make some chocolate whipped cream or fudge frosting. First put some whipped cream in the jar, then some tiny cookie bars and top it off with some more whipped cream and some berries. If using chocolate cream then garnish with some toasted nuts and chocolate sauce.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BROWNIE BAR
THE COOKIE LAYER
- 175 grams all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 115 gms butter melted and brought to room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 90 grams granulated white sugar
- 70 grams brown sugar soft or dark
- 100-150 grams dark or semisweet chocochips
THE BROWNIE LAYER
- 100 grams all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 45 grams soft brown sugar
- 70 grams granulated white sugar
TO MELT TOGETHER
- 150 grams semisweet or dark chocolate chopped
- 80 ml vegetable oil
- 50 grams butter
- Grease a 9X13X1½ or 2''. Line with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter. Transfer to a large bowl and let it cool ( this is for the cookie)
- In the same saucepan, melt butter. To this add chocolate and oil. Mix until homogeneous.Keep aside. Let it cool.(this is for the brownie)
MAKING THE COOKIE LAYER
- Preheat oven at 160°c
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt. Keep aside
- In another bowl, use an electric beater and combine, melted butter, and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla extract. blend until well mixed.
- Now slowly fold in the flour mixture, mix until all the flour is just combined. Add in the chocolate chips. Now the cookie dough is ready.
- Now spread the cookie dough in the prepared sheet/tray pan. keep aside
MAKING THE BROWNIE LAYER
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. keep aside
- In the large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla extract together.
- add the cooled chocolate mixture to the eggs and mix well using a spatula or a whisk.Combine until the batter is homogeneous.
- Now add the flour. the batter will be gooey.
- Pour the batter on to the cookie layer, spread well until the cookie layer is covered completely.
- Bake in the middle rack for 20 to 25 mins, until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out with crumbs.
- let the cookie brownie bar cool completely in the pan before transferring to a wire rack.
- Cut into bars. Serve with a topping of your choice.
- This recipe is suitable for a 9X13 pan. However mine was a tad bit smaller.
- The bar size is a good 1.5 inch size height
- The recipe can be doubled quadrupled to fit a half sheet pan or a full sheet pan
- It is recommended to bake at low temperature, so the cookie is not overdone
These Cookie bars, can be made ahead for parties, and can be made into a variety of desserts. Do Let me know, what kind of dessert did you turn this one into ? Something simple ? Indulgent?
Im just a comment away.
Much Love and a Good Day