TRIPLE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
a chocolatey muffin, a super good start to a day.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time27 mins
Servings: 12 muffins
- 120 g semi sweet chopped chocolate
- 120 g butter
- 60 g granulated sugar
- 60 g brown sugar I used dark brown
- 60 g all purpose flour
- 30 g cocoa powder unsweetened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150 g dark or semisweet chocolate chips
Melt chocolate with butter. mix until its homogenous. keep aside and let it come to close to room temperature.
Preheat oven at 170ºc. Line a muffin pan with liners.
mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt. keep aside.
Now to the chocolate mixture, whisk in eggs one by one, sugar, oil, yoghurt, vanilla. Mix well. set aside.
Fold in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient using a spatula. until all the flour is well incorporated. The batter will be very thick.
scoop them into the prepared pan. fill upto 3/4 of the liner.
bake for 15 mins. checking in between 12 to 15.
- Use good quality dark chocolate anything around 54 to 70% should do good. Anything beyond 70% you will have to alter the amount of sugar in the recipe. If I ever try then I will update. If any of you try, then pls do comment
- These muffins do not rise high like bakery muffins, because the melted chocolate weighs the batter down.
- Every oven is different, so keep an oven thermometer, my muffins baked in just 12 minutes.
- you dont want to overbake these muffins. So do check in between 12 to 15
- the size of the muffin depends on the size of the liner.