These chocolate muffins are super loaded chocolates and are soft, fudgy, moist, and simple to whip up . The Triple Chocolate Muffins are made with melted chocolate, cocoa powder and choco chips that is three forms of chocolate, so enjoy the chocolati-ness of the muffins..!!
Now off to Chocolate muffins..!
Triple Chocolate muffins
- Are Moist, Fudgy, Tender Crumb.
- Easy to whip up recipe
- Perfect for a weekday breakfasy, because you can make it completely ahead.
- Absolutely, a show stopper on a brunch table.
The Batter is easy to whip up. before that a small peek into the ingredients & tools. The ingredients that go in here are good quality dark chocolate anything around 70% or above, cocoa powder and chocolate chips, flour, melted butter, yoghurt, brown & granulated sugar & little baking powder.
3 types of chocolate in TRIPLE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
- Melted Dark chocolate – gives a fudgy denseness to the muffin, which makes it more chocolaty.
- Cocoa Powder – Just a little cocoa powder, brings a more deeper pure chocolate flavour
- Chocolate chips – They just add on to the chocolaty factor, and gives that chocolate bursts at every bite.
Still want to know why 3 types of chocolate… ? Take a closer look at this
HOW TO BAKE TRIPLE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
- A large bowl
- double boiler set up or microwave to melt chocolate
- muffin liners
- an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon or a ladle
- 12 hole muffin tray or cupcake tray
The batter starts with melted butter and chocolate. just like we do for the brownies. Using melted butter and chocolate, gives a fudgy kickstart to the muffin. To the chocolate mixture add the other wet ingredients, and mix with the dry ingredients.
These are normal sized muffins, not the bakery style types.
One last thing please read the take away notes. Every recipe will have these as a footer note, so you do not miss out on the nitty gritties of each recipe, and has lots to learn too…!!
This is how chocolaty your batter will look … 🙂
Here I leave you with the recipe. No more talking..
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
- 120 g semi sweet chopped chocolate
- 120 g butter
- 60 g granulated sugar
- 60 g brown sugar – I used dark brown
- 60 g all purpose flour
- 30 g cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 60 g yoghurt
- 150 g dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt chocolate with butter. mix until its homogenous. keep aside and let it come to close to room temperature.
- Preheat oven at 170ºc. Line a muffin pan with liners.
- mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt. keep aside.
- Now to the chocolate mixture, whisk in eggs one by one, sugar, oil, yoghurt, vanilla. Mix well. set aside.
- Fold in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient using a spatula. until all the flour is well incorporated. The batter will be very thick.
- scoop them into the prepared pan. fill upto 3/4 of the liner.
- bake for 15 mins. checking in between 12 to 15.
- Use good quality dark chocolate anything around 54 to 70% should do good. Anything beyond 70% you will have to alter the amount of sugar in the recipe. If I ever try then I will update. If any of you try, then pls do comment
- These muffins do not rise high like bakery muffins, because the melted chocolate weighs the batter down.
- Every oven is different, so keep an oven thermometer, my muffins baked in just 12 minutes.
- you dont want to overbake these muffins. So do check in between 12 to 15
- the size of the muffin depends on the size of the liner.
Now thats another muffin recipe in your kitty. Do leave a comment, on the recipe or anything about baking that I can help you with. for more muffin recipes.
Loads of love and good day