- 115 gms unsalted butter melted - measure and melt
- 140 gms brown sugar
- 80 gms granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 gms all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 200 gms dark chocolate chunks
Preheat oven at 180ºC. Line a cookie sheet with a parchment paper lightly greased.
With a hand whisk, mix the melted butter, sugars to a mixture. To this add the egg and vanilla extract.
Sift in the flour with baking powder and salt
fold in the chocolate chunks. Refrigerate the dough for a minimum 2 hours.
Remove from the Scoop out using a cookie scoop or about 1.5 tsbp of cookie dough.
Bake for 12 to 15 mins.
Let them cool completely on the sheet before transferring to the wire rack.
- Chewiness Factor : More brown sugar to granulated sugar, Melted butter & considerably less flour. All this gives the extra chewiness.
- Melted butter : melt butter in the pan and let it cool down to room temperature but does not solidify back.
- Chocolate Chunks I have used are ready to use chunks & some chunks chopped off a dark chocolate bar. You can use any brand bar like Lindt 70%, Valrhona 66 % and above, Hersheys dark chocolate bar – all chopped into erratic bite sized pieces.
- These cookies tend to spread well, because of the room temperature melted butter. But if you want to chill the dough, you can do so for 2 hours minimum . In that case, the cookie will spread a little lesser. Or you chill cookie dough balls for 1 hour. Or freeze the dough balls for 15 mins if your pressed for time. Whichever is convenient
- These Cookies stay in room temperature for 1 week. If it lasts that long.. !!
keyword -chewy chocolate cookieschocolate chunk cookie recipechocolate chunk cookieschocolate cookiescookie recipesDark chocolate chunk cookies