Mini red velvet cakes are tiny adorable pretty looking baby bundt red velvet cakes. Perfect to beautify your dessert table for a red theme party or a gift to your valentine. These are Classic Red velvet cakes,. paired with a drizzle of cream cheese glaze.
Mini Red Velvet Bundt Cake
These Tiny Mini bundt cakes are one of the best ideas for mini desserts for any occasion. Be it for dessert tables for birthdays, anniversaries parties, bake sales, potlucks. Wedding parties and so much more.
Mini Cakes are the kind that is single-serve, individual cake desserts. These are just as big as cupcakes. or sometimes even smaller.
While cupcakes have their fan following, mini bundts also have their little community.
It is one of the most convenient kinds of cakes when it comes to the serving. No mess, No Cutting, nothing.
It's simple just bake, frost, and serve.
A mini bundt cake batter can be anything a chiffon cake, a sponge, or a pound cake, or anything.
How to make mini Red velvet bundt cakes
This Recipe for a mini red velvet bundt cake is based on a classic red velvet cake. A classic Red velvet pound cake batter, baked in mini bundt pans. or baked in similar size small pans.
This red velvet mini cake is a tender, moist crumb, cake. With that hint of cocoa powder, buttermilk and vinegar, giving that spot on red velvet taste.
Ingredients you will need
For the Baby bundt cake
All-purpose flour - Plain all-purpose flour Or cake flour. I've used plain all-purpose flour. Measure and then sift.
Cocoa powder - unprocessed cocoa powder. Using cocoa powder with vinegar and buttermilk, is what gives red velvet cake the tangy taste.
salt - to taste about a ¼ to ½ tsp
baking soda - our leavening agent here.
Oil - We use oil for a nice moist red velvet cake. You can use canola, vegetable oil, sunflower oil, or olive oil. Using oil gives a moist cake, and when combined with other ingredients make the crumb more tender.
Butter - yes, a combination of butter with the oil gives a stable structure to the cake. In this recipe, we use melted butter. So unsalted butter melted.
Sugar - white granulated sugar
eggs - whole eggs
buttermilk - buttermilk. You may use store-bought buttermilk or make it at home.
To make buttermilk at home - ¾ cup yogurt + ¼ cup water. Churned in the food processor.
Vinegar - The combination of vinegar and buttermilk and that little cocoa is what gives you that perfect red velvet taste.
For the Cream Cheese Glaze
Cream Cheese - room temperature softened cream cheese block. Not the spreadable one.
Icing Sugar - confectioners sugar or icing sugar is what you will need here.
Milk - a little milk to adjust the consistency and make it more like a glaze.
vanilla extract - mandatory flavoring. Now if you are using pure vanilla extract, then your glaze will not be striking white. in that case, you may use clear vanilla extract.
What kind of pans to use for mini red velvet cakes
- you may use normal metal bundt cake pans, mini ones. The size of each bundt will range anywhere between 2.5inch to about 4 inch.
- Silicone bundt moulds
- Or any mini cake pans. Individual small cake pans are also a good choice.
- Bundtlet pans are also a good choice for this recipe.
How to prepare mini bundt pan for baking
Irrespective of the kind of bundt cake pan you are using. You will have to prepare the pan well. since you do not use any parchment paper for this kind of pan, you will have to grease them well.
Metal bundt pans or silicone bundt moulds.
there are a few ways you can prepare your pans.
One is to use a nonstick spray or a baking spray or a cake goop homemade pan release
For Cake goop - you may use this cake goop recipe from sugar geek
- Use a clean dry pan. Wipe off excess moisture if any.
- Use melted butter and a pastry brush. smear and brush the melted butter on the pan. Make sure you grease the pan really well. In every nook and corner, without leaving any crevices.
- Greasing is really very important to get clean smooth shiny bundt cakes.
- Dusting the pan with flour is optional. i would not personally recommend doing it, because it does not give a super smooth shining bundt cake.
Mixing and Baking these mini red velvet bundt Cakes
First mix in the dry ingredients - flour, cocoa powder, and salt. and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add in the melted butter, oil, and sugar. beat well until smooth,
To this add in the eggs, vanilla extract, buttermilk, and red food coloring. mix well.
Now fold in the flour mix.
Now in a small bowl, add vinegar and baking soda. This will fizz up.
Finally, add this to the cake batter and mix well using an electric beater.
Pour the red velvet cake batter into the prepared pan. Fill up to ¾ of the pan.
Bake in a preheated oven at about 170C/340 F, for about 20 mins.
Mini bundt cakes take about 20 to 25 minutes depending on your oven and pan type.
Silicon moulds, take a little longer than the traditional metal pans.
Cooling and Glazing mini red velvet cakes
Once the cake is baked. Remove from the oven, let it sit for about 10 mins. Then slowly demould the cake from the pan. This 10 min is essential. Demoulding immediately after taking the cake from the oven will make the cake crumble and stick. And a little longer in the pan will also make the cake stick to the pan.
Making the Cream Cheese Glaze
Just beat cream cheese until soft and smooth. Add the icing sugar, vanilla extract.
Beat well. Pour in the milk little by little. Add milk according to the consistency required.
Strain and use.
Sprinkles, confetti, chocolate chips.
Color coordinated sprinkles are an awesome idea for any party.
Shelf life and storage of these mini bundt cakes
- .Unglazed cakes, stay well in room temperature about 24C/75 F for about 4 days. While refrigerated they stay good, for about a week.
- Unglazed baked cakes, can be frozen and they stay well for about 3 months.
- Glazed cakes stay well in room temperature for about 2 days maximum.
To store unglazed cakes - place them in an airtight container and put them in the refrigerator.
Storing Unglazed cakes in the freezer. - wrap individual cakes in saran wrap/ cling wrap. place them in the refrigerator.
Thaw frozen cakes completely, glaze and serve.
Recipe yields and servings
This recipe makes about 12 to 18 mini bundt cakes. However, the number of bundtlets or mini bundt cakes depends on the size of each bundt cake. This one here each measure about 3 inches wide.
So I got about 16 bundt cakes.
MINI RED VELVET BUNDT CAKES FOR A CROWD
- This recipe for mini red velvet bundt cakes can be doubled, tripled or quadrupled.
- Bake the cake ahead, let it completely cool down. if required store them covered and place them in the refrigerator.
- To serve, Make the glaze, pour it on the cakes and serve fresh. so always glaze the cake just before serving.
- Serve them placed in a platter or on individual cake cards.
- Arrange them on a tiered platter.
- Decorate with sprinkles colour co-ordinated with your party theme, occasion.
Made this mini bundt cakes, Let us know on insta or facebook @sweetspotbakeblog
So for what occasion did you make these cute little mini red velvet bundt cakes
- mini bundt pan
- electric mixer
- pastry brush
- mixing bowls
Red Velvet Cake
- 300 grams all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 160 grams canola oil - any vegetable oil
- 110 grams Unsalted Butter - melted - plus some for greasing
- 400 grams granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs - room temperature
- 240 ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1 cup cream cheese - room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ¼ cup milk - plus extra if needed to adjust consistency.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Make the red velvet mini bundt cake
- Melt the butter. Do this on stove top or microwave. Let it slightly cool
- While the butter is melting. Preheat oven at 170C/340F. Grease the bundt pan with a pastry brush. Note: Grease well, brush the butter, well into every nook, corner of the bundt pan
- In a medium bowl, Sift in flour, cocoa powder, salt. Set Aside
- In a large bowl, add melted butter, oil, sugar. Using an electric beater, beat well. Until smooth and the sugar is almost dissolved about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Now, to this add eggs one after the other. mix in vanilla extract. Then add in the buttermilk and red food colouring. Mix wellNote: you may use gel food colouring or liquid food colouring. You may add until you get the desired red colour.
- Fold in the flour mix now. Using a spatula, Mix until no streaks of flour are there.
- In a small bowl, mix vinegar and baking soda. this will fizz up. Now add this to the cake batter. Give a quick mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Note: you may use a spoon or pipe the batter into the bundt pan.
- Bake in the center rack of a preheated oven for about 20 t0 25 minutes.Note: you may check between 20 to 25 mins for doneness.
- Remove from oven. Let the cake sit in the pan for exactly about 10 mins. Then demould gently from the pan. Let it cool completely before glazing.
Make Cream Cheese Glaze
- Whisk cream cheese, until soft and smooth. Then add in the icing sugar and vanilla extract. whisk well Note: you can alter the amount of icing sugar, as per your taste.
- Now add in the milk, and adjust consistency. The cream cheese glaze should be thick and not very runny. Note: Now you can adjust consistency if you want to drizzle and not very thick.
- Grease well, brush the butter, well into every nook, corner of the bundt pan
- you may use gel food colouring or liquid food colouring. You may add until you get the desired red colour.
- you may use a spoon or pipe the batter into the bundt pan.
- Let the cake sit in the pan for about 10 mins before demoulding.
- you can alter the amount of icing sugar, as per your taste.
- similarly you can use milk to adjust consistency of cream cheese glaze