Muffins are an American staple, and it has become one of the most common breakfast variety through out the world. Muffins are loaded with mostly healthy options like berries, fruits, nuts, whole wheat flour, oatmeals and so many more.
Living in Dubai, has given me an opportunity to taste amazing muffin varieties in cafes. I have baked and tried many of them at home; Home baked one are definitely a winner.
Let me tell you why home baked muffins are best
- Most importantly, you can make them as healthier as possible, fitting into your taste and preference.
- Pre mix your muffins and prep them, so it makes it easier for morning breakfasts.
- Because they are baked at home, so you know what goes into your muffins.
- one of the best breakfast options to be made at home.
Best Ever Blueberry Muffins
Berries are one of the best fruits for breakfast, they are high in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, so including berries is good. Just that nothing more on it.
These blueberry muffins are the best ever I have made and totally love it for the moistness, the flavour of blueberries and with just the right amount of sweetness.
Let me just run you through what goes into the muffins
Ingredients – What goes into the muffins
- Blueberries frozen or fresh – remember its muffins, so berries it is in this muffin.
- Brown sugar – we are staying away from refined sugar for breakfast so unrefined cane sugar can also be used. I used soft brown sugar.
- Canola oil or vegetable oil – the moistness comes from the oil and not butter.
- Milk – Full fat milk is another important ingredient that gives the muffin the moistness and flavour
- cinnamon – for the warm toasty flavour.
- flour and baking powder and eggs are our mandatory ingredients
yes thats about it for a fully loaded muffins.
Before whipping up the batter make sure you have these, so you are not stuck up in between
- Mixing bowls – Large and medium
- 12 whole muffin tray with liners
- ice cream scoop
The batter is simple to whip up. this muffin uses the wet and dry mixing method. So you have two bowls dry ingredients in one and wet ingredients. then the wet goes into the dry. Simple right… yes it is…!
Give it a shot.
BEST EVER BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- 375 grams All Purpose Flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon powder
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 75 grams brown sugar
- 1/4 salt . salt
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 240 ml milk
- 120 ml canola or vegetable oil
- 200 grams blueberries
- Preheat oven at 170°c. Line a muffin tin with standard size muffin liners
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, oil, sugars, vanilla.
- Now fold in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Use a spatula. Do not over mix. but make sure the flour is completely blended in the batter.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Using an icecream scoop, fill upto 3/4th of the liner.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 mins.
- Remove from the oven. Let it sit in the pan for 10 mins. You can then remove and cool it on wire rack.
- Serve warm
- You may use brown sugar only or a combination of both.
- Use fresh or frozen blueberries. If using frozen do not thaw.
- Do not over mix, Over mixing can cause the muffins to be tough.
- every oven is different, so I recommend checking the muffins in between from 14 mins. Use an oven thermometer, to get an exact oven temperature.
STORING BAKED MUFFINS
These muffins stay good at room temperature, covered for about 4 days. However it is good fresh.
You can freeze them, thaw and use. But I only recommend to bake and enjoy fresh, So you can prep for these muffins.
YOUR EASY MUFFIN BREAKFAST
- Measure and Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Transfer to a Ziploc bag.
- Write the wet ingredients that needs to go into the muffin on the zip loc bag.
- When you plan to bake, preheat the oven, mix and bake.
- There’s breakfast ready.
Bake and Enjoy fresh homemade muffins and give your mornings an amazing start. Remember a good breakfast just kickstarts your day. This is just one recipe, there are more coming your way.
Thank you Much love and a Good Day