This chocolate chip Banana Bread recipe is a quick bread, and definitely goes best for breakfast and snack. And this can be pre made, stored and used later. Especially if you are pressed for time in the mornings.
A LIL ABOUT BREAKFAST BAKES
Breakfast bakes are something that I love. Including fruits into breakfast is super good to our nutrition. In addition to that, s our mornings are fast, so breakfast that can be pre-made, saves a lot of time. For my other Breakfast Recipes
CHOCOCHIP BANANA BREAD RECIPE
Banana breads, are just so versatile. Everyone who like their banana bread, have their own preference in taste. So, every recipe you come across will definitely be different. Such as using Whole wheat flour, Whole grain flour, yoghurt, butter, nuts like pecans, walnuts and so many more. This recipe of banana bread is just one simple humble version, with my mandatory ingredient, CHOCOLATE.In this recipe, the banana bread is moist, a little tender, and packed with cinnamon banana and chocochips.
So Let see what goes into
- Mashed Ripe bananas– Bananas have to be super ripe, to be able to mash well. else we will find chunks in the bread. which we do not want
- all purpose flour – just simple plain flour
- vegetable oil – for fat.
- brown sugar – for the moistness and the colour
- cinnamon for a warm toasty flavour
- baking soda and baking powder – because we need leavening agent and to add a little tenderness to the bread.
- Chocolate chips or chocolate chunks – banana and chocolate is a lovely pair
TOOLS WE NEED
- 2 bowls medium large
- electric beater or whisk ( prefer electric beater here)
- loaf pan – 9”x5”
- non stick spray
BAKING THE BREAD
This batter is wet, and will need about an hour to 70 mins in the oven. Read more in the Recipe notes.
BANANA CHOCOCHIP BREAD
- 400 g Bananas Very Ripe round 4 medium sized
- 2 large eggs
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 180 g brown sugar dark and soft
- 220 g all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 100 grams chocolate chips you can use upto 200 grams
- Preheat oven at 160 degrees Celsius. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan. set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the dry ingredients -flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon powder. keep aside
- In a large bowl, mash bananas until they completely smooth. To this add sugar, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Beat well, until it is homogeneous. Abt 2 mins on low speed in an electric beater
- Now add the dry ingredients slowly into the banana mixture, and fold gently using a spatula. Or mix using an electric beater. Fold in the chocochips.
- Pour the batter in the pan, bake in the center rack of the oven. Bake for about 60 to 75 mins or until the center is done.
- Bake at low temperature about 150 – 160 degree celsius for a good 60 to 75 mins.
- If you find that the top of your bread is becoming too brown, take it out, wrap with a foil, and continue to bake it.
MAKE AHEAD AND STORE
- These banana bread are perfect to make ahead and store, so you can grab a slice, warm in the toaster and your breakfast is ready.
- You can bake them, once cooled, cling wrap them and store in the refrigerator.
- When you need it, take it out, cut a slice, warm it up and enjoy your Banana Bread with butter, cream cheese and a coffee. You are up for a good day’s start.
- This Banana Bread stays good for a week in the refrigerator.
Until then, Happy Baking
Good day & Much Love