Easy Mango Ice cream recipe, is one of the most sought after frozen dessert in the summers. Sometimes all time favourite. This No Churn Mango Ice cream is packed with flavours that are soothing and so summery. A Flavour option – Infused with Thai Basil and loaded with mango pulp and chunks of Mango in a lovely coconut cream flavoured Icecream base.
- THIS EASY MANGO ICE CREAM RECIPE IS
- LET’s start with our base recipe here for easy mango icecream
- CAN I MAKE THIS EASY MANGO ICECREAM VEGAN? – yes
- FLAVOUR option- COCONUT CREAM infused MANGO THAI BASIL
- HERES THE SECRET FLAVOUR INFUSION and its totally optional-
- what kind of mangoes to use for this icecream –
- Equipments/tools you will need to make this No Churn Easy Mango Ice Cream Recipe
- HOW DO WE MAKE EASY MANGO ICECREAM RECIPE STEP BY STEP
- FREEZING AND STORING
- MAKING & SERVING FOR A CROWD
- To Serve : You can do it 2 ways.
- DESSERT OPTIONS WITH MANGO ICECREAM
- A PERFECT MANGO ICECREAM EVERYTIME
THIS EASY MANGO ICE CREAM RECIPE IS
- Firstly, its an easy recipe, that requires no churning similar to my Triple Chocolate Icecream
- It does not require any fancy ice cream maker. Not that I don’t like it. It’s just too much of work at times.
- Vegan Friendly Option too.
- A lovely tropical flavour infusion of coconut cream, thai basil and a double mango loaded icecream
- It is super creamy, absolutely no compromise on the flavour, just because we are not using ”the maker”
- And most importantly, it has no artificial flavours.
- You can make this ice cream completely ahead.
- Suitable to make it in any quantity. double triple this recipe and make a show stopping dessert for any occasion you are hosting.
LET’s start with our base recipe here for easy mango icecream
So what is the ice cream base we are using here. Similar to my Chocolate Icecream. The base has 2 main ingredients
Heavy Cream/Double cream or Whipping Cream – A full fat cream, where the fat percentage is more than 35%. You can use a dairy cream or non dairy( like tropolite in India, Mactop in uae, Cool whip in US)
Sweetened Condensed Milk – good quality condensed milk
Just these 2 ingredients form the base to the icecream
CAN I MAKE THIS EASY MANGO ICECREAM VEGAN? – yes
SO what is the VEGAN ICECREAM BASE
- Non Dairy Cream – Coconut whipping cream or Coconut Cream with high fat percentage.
- Non dairy Sweetened condensed milk – I love this recipe from Loving it Vegan.
FLAVOUR option- COCONUT CREAM infused MANGO THAI BASIL
This Ice Cream here has a lovely tropical flavour infusion that is so summery, refreshing and indulgent. So what are the flavours going into it.
- Coconut Cream – or thick coconut cream or coconut whipping cream.
- Thai Basil infused into the coconut cream/milk
- Mango Diced – a firm flesh mango, chopped into bite sized or small pieces.
- Mango Puree/pulp – good amount of mango processed to a fine pulp.
HERES THE SECRET FLAVOUR INFUSION and its totally optional-
Which means you can include or just totally leave it out. Heat coconut cream and add the basil leaves and let it infuse for about 10 mins. This is totally optional. You can add or leave it. But i totally recommend trying this flavour. It is completely refreshing.
what kind of mangoes to use for this icecream –
So you will basically look for these things while choosing which mango to use.
- firm flesh, not overtly juicy
- Not much fibers. you do not want fibers sticking out of your icecream.
- In the United States Varieties like HONEY, KEITT, HONEY (ataulfo) are a good choice.
- In India, Alphonso is a great variety. or any local mango that suits up to these conditions. But I totally recommend Alphonso.
Equipments/tools you will need to make this No Churn Easy Mango Ice Cream Recipe
- Saucepan to heat and infuse basil into coconut cream.
- A large bowl to beat the cream.
- A food processor – to pulp the mangoes
- an electric beater or a stand mixer or a simple hand whisk( but will need a lot of elbow grease)
- An Airtight container to store and freeze the icecream
HOW DO WE MAKE EASY MANGO ICECREAM RECIPE STEP BY STEP
FREEZING AND STORING
- You will freeze the icecream for a minimum 6 hours. However with my recipe testing, I strongly recommend freezing it overnight for a deeper flavour. It helps the mango flavour settle in.
- Mango Ice cream needs to be stored in the freezer only. And the shelf life is a good one month to 45 days
MAKING & SERVING FOR A CROWD
This ice cream can be totally made ahead.you just have to mix and freeze. Well ahead, even a day before is totally fine. you can double, quadruple this recipe.
To Serve : You can do it 2 ways.
- Bring out the whole bowl of ice cream out of the refrigerator. with an ice cream scoop, and bowls all laid out on table. And you can serve them as and when needed.
- Scoop out single serving of ice cream on to ice cream bowls. Put them back in the refrigerator. Until you need them back at your table or after your dinner.
- Pull it out and serve. I definitely feel this is the better option. No mess after all
DESSERT OPTIONS WITH MANGO ICECREAM
- Just Plain scoop of this refreshing ice cream will do.
- Top this icecream with some honey or maple syrup or date syrup and some more chunks of freshly diced mangoes
- Make a Mango Sundae – Layer the bottom of a dessert bowl with vanilla cake, a scoop of mango icecream, a sauce of your choice and some toasted nuts.
- Pair this icecream with a brownie and some chocolate sauce
- Shave some coconut pieces or some tender coconut with some more mango chunks drizzle some honey. your in for a good tropical dessert treat.
A PERFECT MANGO ICECREAM EVERYTIME
- Cream needs to be chilled. Vegan or dairy based cream chilling is necessary.
- stiff or soft peaks are not mandatory. Incorporate enough air until fluffy.
- Always use fresh mango pulp. No artificial or store bought pulp.
- Cut the mango into small bite sized dice or cubes.
- Choose mangoes with firm flesh and almost no fibers
- Choose Mangoes that are ripe. Sour ones wont help
- Always Put a parchment sheet on the ice cream mixture before freezing. This helps in avoiding ice crystals on the top layer of the ice cream.
EASY MANGO ICECREAM RECIPE
- electric beater
- Large Bowl
- Air tight Container
- parchment sheet
- 500 ml Heavy Cream whipping cream full fat cream
- 200 grams condensed milk sweetened generally one small can
- 300 ml mango pulp
- 300 grams mango chopped into small chunks
OPTIONAL FLAVOUR INFUSION (completely optional)
- 60 ml coconut cream full fat about 30% plus
- 5 leaves thail basil fresh
- Measure your ingredients first.
- Make mango pulp. Remove flesh from the mango, grind to a smooth paste. Set aside
- Chop mango into bite sized pieces. set aside.
- OPTIONAL STEP – IF YOU WANT COCONUT CREAM AND THAI BASIL – ELSE SKIP Heat the coconut cream on low heat until hot. Remove from the stove, add the basil leaves.. Set aside until it reaches room temperature1 . This will bring in flavour to the coconut cream
- Using an electric beater or a stand mixer, beat chilled2 heavy cream to soft peaks at medium speed.. Add condensed milk to it. and whip until combined.
- Then add mango pulp and whisk on low speed.
- OPTIONAL STEP – ONLY IF YOU ARE USING COCONUT CREAM AND THAI BASIL Add basil infused coconut cream. on low speed, mix until well blended.
- To this add the chopped mango chunks. Fold using a spatula
- Transfer to an airtight container and put a piece of parchment sheet3.
- Freeze for a minimum of 6 hours. place it in the center of the freezer
- Serve and Enjoy
Made this Recipe, share it with your friends or tag them at any one of these places