Black Forest Ice Cream is completely a show stopper for your dinner table. It is a very Gourmet kind of luxurious dessert recipe. Which will absolutely be the star attraction dessert at any occasion.
- BLACK FOREST ICE CREAM IS
- WHAT GOES INTO BLACK FOREST ICE CREAM
- Lets get into the components of this Ice cream recipe.
- Ingredients For the Ice cream
- For the , Chocolate and Vanilla and Brownie ice cream
- Cherry Compote/sauce
- For Brownies or Chocolate Cake
- And what Tools You Need ?
- HOW TO MAKE BLACK FOREST ICE CREAM FROM SCRATCH
- Here’s How we make the ice cream base, layer and freeze it.
- TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST BLACK FOREST ICE CREAM EVERY TIME
- STORING & SHELF LIFE
- SERVING BLACK FOREST ICECREAM
BLACK FOREST ICE CREAM IS
- A Black forest cake in an ice cream, which means, this ice cream has everything that goes into a black forest cake.
- Firstly, it is A Decadent, luscious, and an indulgent Ice Cream Recipe
- Easy No Churn No machine Required here.
- Eggless too – None of the components of the recipe has eggs. unless your cake or brownie has eggs.
- Can be completely made ahead. Which is why, this ice cream recipe is super useful while entertaining a crowd, big or small.
- It is a simple recipe, but needs a little pre-planning, and some components need to be made ahead.
Lets get in to ..
WHAT GOES INTO BLACK FOREST ICE CREAM
As I said earlier, a little pre-planning and some preparations ahead, is all you need to make this show stopper Ice cream. which is best for any occassion. First of all, lets get in to the components of this recipe.
But Before that
WE KNOW What a black forest cake is Right ?
It has a layers of chocolate cake filled with cherry compote and kirsch (cherry liqueur), and whipped cream, frosted with vanilla whipped cream and topped with some cherries and chocolate shavings.
And this is all what we right away convert into an ice cream.
Lets get into the components of this Ice cream recipe.
In this Recipe – We have about 4 components all of which needs to be layered. In any Order. here I have written it in the order its layered
- Chocolate Icecream
- Vanilla Ice cream
- Cherry compote
- Brownies or Chocolate Cake Ice Cream
Which means we have to make vanilla, chocolate and chocolate cake or brownie ice cream. cherry compote and brownies
Before making lets know what we need to make this gourmet ice cream
Ingredients For the Ice cream
For the , Chocolate and Vanilla and Brownie ice cream
- Whipping Cream or Double Cream – Full Fat dairy whipping cream. The fat percentage in the cream should be more than 35%. A good whipping cream brands are many Elle n Vire, President. In India Amul Red whipping cream. In the US -Landolakes. So any full fat dairy cream with about 35% and above is perfect.
- Condensed Milk – Sweetened Condensed Milk is what you need. Thats it.
- Vanilla Extract
- Cocoa Powder – For Chocolate Ice cream and melted chocolate(OPTIONAL)
- Brownies or chocolate cake.
- Fresh or tinned Cherries – Pitted. And if using tinned, drain the water.
- Lemon/Lime Juice
- Corn Starch – optional, I did not use. I suggest to skip, it is totally fine.
For Brownies or Chocolate Cake
While you need brownies or chocolate cake, you can
- use leftover brownies, or chocolate cake.
- Use this For a chocolate cake, bake my chocolate cake recipe half the recipe in a 4 or 5 inch pan Or
- My Eggless Brownies – you will again halve the recipe.
- If you are too lazy, store bought is also fine.
You May Like these recipes for your Brownies or Chocolate Cake
The idea is to have chocolate cake or brownies at hand while making this stunning dessert
optional ingredients – Kirsch Liqueur or Black Rum.
And what Tools You Need ?
All you need is some basic tools. Nothing Fancy here.
- An Electric Beater, or a stand mixer.
- A large Bowl to make the ice cream base.
- A Small Bowl for the vanilla ice cream mix.
- A square cake 9×9 pan or an airtight container.
- Parchment paper
HOW TO MAKE BLACK FOREST ICE CREAM FROM SCRATCH
There are a few ways to approach this recipe is because this Recipe needs to be done in 2 stages.
- First stage – Making the Brownie/chocolate cake and Cherry Compote. Now this step you can skip if you are using store bought cake and cherry filling. But, I suggest making it from scratch.
- Second Stage – Making the ice cream base, mixing, layering and freezing.
And for that reason, I have specified two ways to make this ice cream
- One, make 2 components brownies/chocolate cake and cherry compote, way ahead. may be even a day in advance. Or could be in the morning. And in the evening move on to the 2nd stage of the recipe, that is making ice cream mix, layering and freezing. So it is ready overnight.
- Another way, you can make all together, Bake the brownies first, while it is cooling, make the cherry compote and pop it in the refrigerator, And then you can make the ice cream base, by then the compote is cooled off. And you are ready for layering and freezing. all this together will take about an hour.
Then the Cherry Compote. And then the Ice Cream. The ice cream will be split into 3 varieties
Here’s How we make the ice cream base, layer and freeze it.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST BLACK FOREST ICE CREAM EVERY TIME
- I suggest, making the brownie or chocolate cake and cherry compote from scratch. It is easier and less expensive. And there are so many recipes out on the My website.
- The cream should also be very cold. If you live in a humid temperature, I suggest you put the bowl and the whisk also in the refrigerator for sometime. This helps in getting stiff peaks
- I also recommend, freezing the icecream for more than 6 hours, preferably overnight. This helps in the flavour maturing and giving a good depth of flavour.
- Always, line the ice cream with the parchment paper, which will avoid ice crystal formation. You do not want those ice crystals in your heavenly icecream.
STORING & SHELF LIFE
This ice cream is best stored in an air tight container, and kept in the refrigerator. Stays well for a month. Which means you can have a scoop after every meal.
SERVING BLACK FOREST ICECREAM
This ice cream is the main attraction, because it already has so many components.
- The best way to serve is just a scoop of black forest ice cream in an ice cream bowl.
- Top it with some chocolate sauce and cherry sauce. You are in for a black forest sundae and may be some toasted nuts.
PIN IT FOR LATER
BLACK FOREST CAKE ICE CREAM
Tools/Equipment you will need
- electric beater
- mixing bowls 2 medium and large
- Icecream scoop
- angled or flat spatula
- square 9×9 pan
- parchment paper
BROWNIES https://bakewithsweetspot.com/eggless-brownie-recipe/ Bake and let it cool. Crumble and set aside
- 1½ cup brownies – crumbled
- 1 tbsp kirsch/rum – optional
For CHERRY COMPOTE
- 200 grams (1½ cups) cherries – pitted, fresh or tinned
- 4 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp corn starch – optional
For VANILLA & CHOCOLATE ICECREAM
- 500 ml (2 cups ) heavy cream – double cream, whipping cream, fat % more than 35%
- 200 ml (7 oz) condensed milk – sweetened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 grams (3½ tbsp) cocoa powder – dutch processed or unsweetened.
- bake 1/2 the recipe and cool it down. Crumble
- Add cherry liqueur or rum, mix and set aside. (Completely optional)
- In a sauce pan, add the pitted cherries, let it cook until the cherries are soft, and the juices are out. add sugar
- Add lemon juice. Simmer until it comes to a nice soft jam consistency. or a spreadable consistency.
- Remove from fire and then add corn starch and mix evenly.
- Set aside, let it completely cool down. Pop it in the refrigerator until, all other elements are ready.
For the Vanilla, Chocolate Ice Cream & Brownie Ice cream
- On medium speed Whip Cold cream until stiff peaks
- Add condensed milk and vanilla extract. Whip until well blended
- Remove about 1/3 rd or 1.5 cup or 200 grams of the ice cream base. This is your vanilla base. Set aside.
- Add cocoa powder to the remaining ice cream base. mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Divide this chocolate ice cream base into two portions. One is your chocolate ice cream base.
- To the other portion, Add the crumbled brownies and fold in. Set aside. This is your Brownie/Cake Ice cream
LAYERING & FREEZING
- In a square pan, using a spatula spread the chocolate icecream evenly. Leaving some ice cream for another layer.
- Layer the vanilla ice cream base, that we had removed and kept aside.
- Then Swirl in the cherry compote.
- Finally top it up with the brownie ice cream . layer it on the cherry compote. Top it off with some cherries.
- cover the surface of the ice cream with a parchment sheet.
- Freeze for a good 6 hours or overnight.
- serve with some more chocolate sauce.
- brownies or chocolate cake – Can be made ahead or even store bought. Chocolate cake recipe
- Always use cold whipping cream. works better and faster
- Kirsch or Rum are completely optional.
- For the chocolate ice cream, melted chocolate can also be used. about 100grams of chocolate melted