This Healthy Blueberry Granola is made from scratch with the best possible cleanest ingredients. Those are absolutely perfect for a nutritious filling wholesome breakfast.
As much as I Love desserts and sweet bakes, I insist on eating clean and eliminating processed foods as much as possible on a regular basis.
The most sought-after processed food is store-bought cereals, granola, or muesli.
So I make these granolas at home and from scratch. Plus it has no refined sugar or any unknown ingredients. just good wholesome ingredients are what goes here.
All you need to do is make these, and store them in an air-tight container.
And you are ready for a quick wholesome breakfast when you are in a hurry.
Blueberry Granola Recipe
This Blueberry Granola Recipe is full of fiber, rich in antioxidants, protein, and with no added sugar. There are vegan substitutes, and you can make these strictly for gluten intolerant.
Or Allergic to Nuts swap the almonds in the recipe for some seeds like
Once you make these, Next time you will not go for store-bought granola.
Other Healthy Recipes
Berry Granola Recipe
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY GRANOLA
First you will need a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Oven Preheated and ready.
This Recipe is a slight tweak from my Triple Berry Granola.
Now for the Ingredients
Blueberry - Dried Blueberries for the granola and optionally Fresh or frozen blueberries for topping, while serving. Using Fresh blueberries to make granola, is not suitable as it makes the granola wet and does not let the granola crisp up.
Oats - Old Fashioned Rolled oats. Only rolled oats here not Steel-cut or Instant or quick-cooking oats
Almonds - Slivered or sliced or halved. With the skin is more preferable.
Cinnamon - That warm flavor from cinnamon, pairs beautifully with blueberries and oats.
Honey - Pure honey,
If Vegan use Maple Syrup, Brown Rice Syrup or Agave Syrup or Date Syrup
Coconut sugar - a little for that nutty caramel taste. you may use brown sugar or palm sugar.
VEGAN SUBSTITUTES -
Use, agave syrup or maple syrup or brown rice syrup. or Dates Syrup
MAKE IT GLUTEN FREE -Strictly use a certified
Milk or yogurt of your choice
Some Extra nuts and Fresh berries, or dates or dried fruits like figs apricots.
Mixing & Baking the Granola
First, prepare your baking sheet or pan. Line it with parchment paper.
To Mix, In a large bowl first add in the oats, almonds, cinnamon, salt. Whisk well. Then add in the coconut oil and honey.
Mix well and make sure all the oats and nuts are coated well with the oil and honey.
Bake them until it is light golden color, about 21 to 25 minutes.
Cooling, and Storing, Shelf life.
remove it, let it cool down in the pan. The granola will crisp up. Once it is cooled Keep it overnight on the counter. covered.
Then transfer to an air-tight container. Place it at room temperature or in the freezer.
Granola stays good at room temperature for a good one month and in the freezer for about 3 months.
Recipe Yield and Serves
This recipe yields about 6 cups of granola as per the recipe.
The yield and serves change depending on the number of berries and nuts or seeds you add.
You may want to double or quadruple the recipe. If you are making this for a huge brunch crowd or for a large family.
Made this Recipe
Tag us and let us know on insta @sweetspotbakeblog
Blueberry Cinnamon Granola
Equipment you will need
- 4 cups Oats (rolled old fashion oats)
- 1½ cups blueberries
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup Honey (Or Agave syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven at 160°c/320°f. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Note - Use a baking tray with a high edge, that way it will not spill
- In a large mixing bowl, Mix oats, almonds, coconut sugar, ground cinnamon and salt. Whisk well. So it is uniformly mixed.
- Pour in the coconut oil, honey or agave syrup, and vanilla into the oats and nuts mix. Using a spatula, mix very well. So all the honey and oil and oats are all coated.
- Transfer the oats mix into the prepared pan. Spread it evenly. and press it well on to the parchment paper.
- Place the baking sheet/tray in the center rack of the oven. Bake for around 21 to 24 mins. Until Lightly golden in colour. Stir in halfway through. Add in the blueberries at this stage. Put the tray back in the ovenAnd pressing the granola, so it sticks to the parchment paper.if you need chunky granola
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- For Clumpy or chunky granola, after cooling, break the granola with hand. For Not so extra clumpy granola - stir using a spatula and break it.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Or in the freezer.
- To ServeIn a bowl, add some granola, milk, some nuts and some fresh blueberries