These Moist Chewy Chocolate Brownies are a favourite for a crowd. Works perfect while baking for a big batch.
This Moist Chewy Brownie Recipe For a Crowd is
- moist, chewy and fudgy
- Stays moist and chewy even in room temperature
- Does Not Harden
- Does not get brittle
- quick & Easy.
- SO when baking for a crowd, this recipe is just perfect.
- Completely make ahead. You can bake and forget about it. And just serve them. You don’t even need to warm it up.
- You can double quadruple this recipe and just works absolutely fine.
HOW TO BAKE MOIST CHEWY BROWNIES
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS BROWNIE
My challenge with this recipe was to keep the brownies, moist and fudgy even in room temperature. Generally brownies tend to harden when stored and it needs warming up before serving. I did not want it that way for this brownie, because this recipe was for baking brownies for a large crowd or a big batch. So it is the same ingredients though with a little alteration. But this brownie recipe for a crowd is one of the simplest brownie recipes ever.
Ingredients here are all room temperature.
- Flour -just plain all purpose flour. For this recipe or any brownie recipe the dry ingredient is low than the fat and liquid.
- Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate – good quality chocolate is the key for a lovely flavour. you can use semisweet or dark depending on your taste. I recommend a semisweet around 54 to 64% of cocoa.
- Eggs – The one ingredient that is completely responsible for that top notch Fudgy, Chewiness in the brownie. We use egg yolks and whole eggs. The structure and moistness comes from the whole eggs. The egg yolks contribute to the chewiness and fudginess of the brownie
- Vanilla Extract – A flavour enhancement.
- Sugar : just brown sugar. Dark and soft brown sugar. The molasses in the brown sugar, keeps the brownies moist even in room temperature. You can use white sugar, but you will not get that moistness.
- Walnuts or Chocochips are optional. But i recommend using chocochips for an interesting burst of flavour.
what pans to use ?
Since this recipe requires 2 pans to bake, you will mix the batter together and then divide equally among the pans. And you will need 2 8×8 or 9×9 pans. I baked in one 9×9 and one 8×8.
And bake these for 22 to 25 mins. or even underbake and let it finish off in the pan before removing it.
Cool these completely before cutting them into squares.
MOIST CHEWY BROWNIES
Tools/Equipment you will need
- weighing scale to measure your ingredients
- sauce pan and a bowl on top or double boiler set up / microwave
- large mixing bowl
- medium size bowl
- parchment paper
- two 8×8 inch square pan or 2 9×9 inch pan
- knife to cut the bars
- 375 grams (2.1 cups) semisweet chocolate – chopped
- 250 grams (1.1 cups) butter
- 200 grams (1.6 cups) flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 large whole eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 260 grams (1.2 cups) brown sugar – dark and soft
- 120 grams (4.2 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- Grease and line two 8 or 9 inch pans. Preheat oven at 170°c
- Keep a saucepan with simmering water on the gas/electric stove. This is your double boiler.Put chopped chocolate and butterer on a large bowl and place it on the double boiler. Melt chocolate, and add butter to this. Mix well until smooth. set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt and cocoa powder. Set aside
- In the large bowl, with an electric beater, beat whole eggs, egg yolks, vanilla extract and sugar until blended.
- To the the egg mixture, add the melted chocolate and butter mixture. use a spatula and mix until smooth
- Fold in the flour mix. Mix until the flour is just blended.. Do not overmix.
- Finally add in the chocochips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pans.
- Bake the brownies for 20 to 25 mins.
- Remove and let it cool in the pan for 15 mins. Later transfer to the wire rack to completely cool.
- Cut into squares/bars when its completely cooled
- Baking the Brownies : Bake these brownies a little under, take it out and let it sit in the pan. It will be done and stay moist.
- Remove from the pan and let it completely cool on the wire rack.
- These Brownies, are meant to be moist chewy and fudgy. They are not the cakey types.
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE BROWNIES FOR A CROWD
- Use good quality ingredients, get your hands on good quality chocolate, cocoa powder and butter, flour, sugar and eggs . Getting good quality ingredients, makes for some awesomesauce brownies.
- Measure all the ingredients and set aside.
- What are the best size pans to Bake these brownies ? – Bake in 2, 9×9 inch pans or 8×8 pans. aluminium or non stick pans are the best.
- Grease the pan, line with a parchment sheet. with a little extra on the sides, so its easier to lift from the pan.
- Mix the batter all together, and divide them equally in both the pans. I strongly recommend using a weighing scale to divide the batter for a uniform size brownies for the entire batch.
- You can bake the brownies together in the oven at the same time or one after the other. But YOU WILL NOT chill the batter or put the batter in the fridge.
- How long to cook these brownies – Bake these brownies for 22 to 25 mins. in the middle rack Even if it is underbaked a little bit, it is totally fine. it will finish baking up in the pan, after you remove from the oven
- Always cool these brownies completely before cutting them.
STORING & SHELF LIFE OF THESE MOIST CHEWY BROWNIES
- After these brownies are completely cooled, cut them into squares. Store them in an airtight box.
- These Brownies stay moist chewy and fudgy even at room temperature. And hold good for a week. Because of which I suggest this recipe perfect to bake in batches
Pin this for later
These Brownies are just perfect for baking for a huge batch. What are you waiting for? Having an occasion coming up ? Office party, or a dessert for a crowd. you have this recipe handy
Any doubts? Get in touch with me on insta @sweetspotbakeblog.or hit a comment below. And will be more than happy to help you