These Best Chocolate Brownies are one keeper of a recipe. It is Moist, Chewy and has the perfect crinkle on top. Has the perfect rise. With an eggless option too
A classic is a classic, which means typical or the quintessential. This is my go to recipe for the Best Chocolate Brownies
Brownies, are fast quick and easy to bake in a jiffy. Goes well with vanilla ice cream with a fudge frosting. OR some warm caramel sauce or just plain. There are loads of different variations to a brownie. This one here is simple, just plain classic chocolate brownie. A basic recipe, from which you can build up.
WHY IS THIS THE BEST CHOCOLATE BROWNIE ?
- It has the crinkle on top (because of a little whip of egg and sugar). then the little rise of a cake like brownie ( only the height not the cakey brownie)
- It is fudgy, chocolately, moist.
Cakey or Fudgy or Moist or Gooey or Chewy ?
Some like their brownie to be cakey and some like it fudgy.. !!But Personally i like it fudgy.
This Recipe here is MOIST, slightly fudgy & chewy. They are not GOOEY.
FOR A FUDGY BROWNIE – try my CHOCOLATE FUDGE BROWNIES
FOR A MOIST CHEWY BROWNIES – MOIST CHEWY BROWNIES
What makes a brownie cakey ?
There are the basic ingredients, flour, granulated white sugar, butter, cocoa powder and eggs and a leavening agent. This will get you a cakey, less moist brownie. Basically less wet ingredients and more dry ingredients and more bake time will give a cake like brownie. But a brownie tastes well, when they are moist, fudgy, gooey and chewy.
This Best Chocolate Brownies Recipe here is Moist
Its a combination of cakey and fudgy brownie. Cakey in terms of the rise it gives and a just the right amount of fudgy chewy texture brownie. Mind you these are not overly fudgy or chewy
HOW TO BAKE THE BEST CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
TOOLS YOU NEED
- 2 bowls, 1 large and 1 medium
- A sauce pan
- a spatula
- An 8×8 pan or 9×9. ( 8×8 gives the right height to the brownie)
- parchment paper
- non stick spray.
A QUICK RUN THROUGH INGREDIENTS
- white granulated sugar – for the perfect sweetness and structure.
- Brown sugar for the moister chewier texture. – I prefer soft and dark brown sugar.
- Eggs -for flavour and moisture. In brownies, it add to the richness in flavour
- Oil and butter – butter for fudginess. and oil for the moistness. You can stick to just butter here. the oil gives the extra moistness.
- chocolate – only melted chocolate gives an amazing chocolatey fudgier moist brownies.. !! Go for a good quality dark chocolate. above 54% cocoa solids is good. now if you want real dark chocolate brownies, go for 70%
- Cocoa Powder : Unsweetened cocoa powder, gives a deep rich and pure chocolate flavour. A combination of chocolate and cocoa powder, gives a deep rich chocolate flavour to the brownies.
- Flour : Flour is mandatory to any brownie. But in any brownie recipe, the flour used is generally low compared to any other baked goodie. So a normal all purpose flour here.
- Baking Powder : a tiny bit, just to give that rise to a brownie.
CAN I MAKE THESE AS EGGLESS BROWNIES ?
yes – you can, just swap the eggs in the recipe with hung or thick curds/yoghurt/greek yoghurt. For this recipe here is the substitute
1 large egg (60 grams) – substitute with 60 grams of yoghurt.
TIPS FOR PERFECT BROWNIES ALL THE TIME
Grease and line the pan with parchment paper. with extra paper above the sides of the pan. Because this helps in lifting the brownie off the pan.
Go for a good quality chocolate. Using chocolate chips as your chocolate is a strict no no. Because it will not melt properly.
The melted chocolate needs to be close to room temperature. Not too hot not too cold. just warm to the touch. else, your eggs will get cooked or scrambled.
HOW TO GET THAT CRINKLE TOP ON A BROWNIE
: While whisking eggs/yoghurt with sugar you will incorporate air, just enough by beating for about 2 to 3 mins with an electric beater or about 5 mins with a hand whisk. This little air incorporated is what gets you the crinkle on top.
BAKING, COOLING AND STORING BROWNIES
- Always Always Always under bake the brownie by 2 mins or until you see crumbs when a tooth pick inserted.
- Let the Brownie completely cool in the pan before taking it out and cutting it. Warm out of the oven brownies may be tempting, but it will definitely crumble.
- CUTTING BROWNIES – To cut the brownies. First let it completely cool. Use a serrated knife, mark approximately or with a help of a ruler to get equal square.
- STORING THESE BROWNIES Store these brownies in an air tight container in room temperature or refrigerator.
- SHELF LIFE – These brownies, if it lasts, can stay good upto a 4 days in room temperature. And even more in the refrigerator. Warm it up before eating.
PRO TIP :
Serve these brownies, warm with a scoop of your favorite icecream and some chocolate or caramel sauce and toasted nuts
Thats it..! no more science. Get your tools and just dive in the recipe here.
BEST CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
Tools/Equipment you will need
- 2 bowls – large and medium
- hand whisk or electric beater
- parchment paper
- knife to cut the bars
- 8×8 inch square pan
- 100 g (0.8 cups) all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs – Or Yoghurt/thick curd/greek yoghurt. 120 Grams
- 45 g (0.2 cups) brown sugar – soft and dark
- 70 g (0.35 cups) white sugar – granulated
TO MELT TOGETHER
- 150 g (0.86 cups) semisweet chocolate – or dark chocolate
- 80 ml (0.34 cups) vegetable oil
- 40 g (0.18 cups) butter
- Melt butter, chocolate with oil. once melted, mix well until blended. let the chocolate mixture cool down
- Grease and line a 9x9inch or an 8×8 inch pan, with the parchment paper a little above the edges. Preheat oven at 170º c.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. keep aside
- In the large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla extract together.
- add the cooled chocolate mixture to the eggs and mix well using a spatula or a whisk.Combine until the batter is homogeneous.
- now add the flour. the batter will be gooey.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 mins. until a toothpick inserted come out with crumbs.
- leave the brownies to cool in the pan for completely. before tranfering to a wire rack
- let the brownies cool completely before cutting them.
- Brownies, taste best when good quality chocolate is used. So use the best chocolate available at your disposal.
- Brownies,shall be sliced once its completely cooled down.
- Every oven is different and bake times may vary. So please check your brownies from 20th min to 25 mins. It might take a longer time or short.
Brownies are one versatile bake, because you can absolutely add any nuts, nut butter and make you imagination run wild. But you have to have your basic recipe right, and that is what my Best Brownie Recipe is. If you are an avid chocolate lover then this recipe is for you and one more here.
Pin it for later
While I am getting more recipes fo you all….
Enjoy baking, HAve a lovely day,
Live love and LAugh