This refreshing pineapple banana smoothie with coconut milk is a delicious tropical-flavored smoothie recipe, that is quick and healthy and makes for a perfect morning breakfast drink.
This Pineapple Banana Smoothie with coconut milk is good after a workout snack Or a quick breakfast. Or just add a scoop of protein and you have a full meal here. Or you may want to make these oats blueberry bars for a post-workout snack. Similarly you may want to make this Vegan Chia Pudding Or Overnight oats
This Pineapple Banana Smoothie
- Is super Easy Quick wholesome nutritious
- Perfect healthy drink
- Vegan Friendly, Gluten-free too
- No added sugar
- Can be partially prepped ahead
Use a clear shot of the ingredients for this recipe, prepped, and labeled if necessary. Insert the ingredients into the list below, omitting quantities.
- Pineapple - Fresh Ripe pineapples are best preferred here, tinned, unsweetened can also be used. Frozen pineapples are also good here.
- Banana - We need perfectly naturally sweet bananas that are just ripe. The yellow bananas. Not the overripe banana bread kind of dark brown bananas.
- Coconut milk - use good quality, coconut milk. Do not use coconut cream. just a simple coconut milk
- sweetener is optional - if the pineapple and bananas are sweet enough then you will not need any added sweetener. I prefer keeping it natural, with the sweetness coming from the fruits
- Ice cubes - Optional
See the recipe card for quantities.
Instructions - Step-by-step process to make pineapple banana smoothie
This pineapple banana smoothie is a super simple smoothie, having just 2 steps. It's that easy.
In a smoothie maker or a blender jar, add chopped pineapple and banana
To that add, coconut milk, and add any sweetener if required. Blend to a smooth puree. Transfer to a glass and Serve.
This smoothie is gluten-free and vegan.
For purely vegan smoothies - Coconut milk is a good choice, else you may use oat milk. But for this smoothie, coconut milk pairs well with pineapple and banana. Else you may use oat milk, soy milk, or almond milk.
You can use maple syrup or agave. or sweeteners like stevia.
You may also add in some plant-based yogurt to make your smoothie thicker and creamier
I would not recommend using cow milk, that is because pineapple has a compound called bromelain. There is a chemical reaction that causes stomach gas nausea and headaches, because of add in dairy milk
A high-speed blender or smoothie maker
A smoothie jar with straw
This smoothie is best served fresh.
I would not recommend, storing pureed smoothies. Since it has bananas, it will oxidize and turn bad soon.
Top tip: Make ahead Smoothie
To meal prep the smoothie and make it ahead
First, chop the fruits, and place it in a zip lock or an air-tight container. store them in the freezer or refrigerator. Depending on when you need them.
To make a smoothie for the next morning
Remove from the freezer, or refrigerator, and thaw for about 5 to 10 mins. Add them to the blender and make a nice fresh smoothie.
Both are excellent sources of nutrition. Pineapple is high in vitamin c, and has anti-inflammatory properties. High in fiber and aid digestion and helps boost immunity
Banana is rich in fiber, potassium, and other vitamin and minerals. And considered the healthiest fruit out there.
Cow milk when added to pineapple, causes stomach gas, nausea, infections, headache, and stomach pain, because of a compound called bromelain and that is why we use plant-based milk.
Pineapple Banana Smoothie With Coconut milk
- ½ cup banana (ripe and chopped )
- 1 cup pineapple (ripe and chopped, )
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ tsp honey (maple syrup or agave syrup)
- ½ cup Ice cubes (optional)
- In a blender jar or a smoothie maker, add ½ cup banana, 1 cup of pineapple, coconut milk, ice cubes and honey
- Blend until smooth and serve fresh (optional with chopped pineapple on top)
- Ratio of Fruits Use more pineapple, than a banana. Using more of bananas will overpower the smoothie taste and you will not taste the pineapple.
- Never use cow milk with pineapple Cow milk when added to pineapple, causes stomach gas, nausea, infections, headache, and stomach pain, because of a compound called bromelain and that is why we use plant-based milk.
- Never blend and store. Serve the smoothie fresh soon after blending.
- To make ahead, freeze sliced bananas and pineapple in a ziplock. To serve remove them from the freezer, put them in a blender jar add coconut milk and blend.