These Gooey Chocolate chip Cookie bars 8×8, are one of the most easiest, quick and most decadent cookie bars. It has a chewy chocolate chip cookie batter stuffed with some truffle filling. Delish in one word.
These Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars 8×8
- Are Chewy, Thick, Soft and slightly crispy
- Are filled with truffle filling(ganache) making them ooey gooey
- Easy to make, because its a simple one bowl recipe
- is a tray bake, an 8×8 pan is all you need.
- Top it with an ice cream and some toasted nuts, you are on for an amazing dessert for a crowd.
Lets get to know how to make these chocolate chip cookie bar 8×8
This recipe is an offspring from my Soft chewy Chocolate chip Cookie. Its an easy simple cookie dough to mix, with some of the basic ingredients that is available off your pantry. And this recipe is meant for an 8×8 pan, and not any other pan. For other bar recipes you may like
Now for the Ingredients
- Flour – just plain all purpose flour- you can also use half bread flour and half all purplose flour, gives a little more chewier cookie bar. But I have used only all purpose flour
- Butter – Melted unsalted butter. We use unsalted melted butter, to give a nice chewy texture.
- Sugar – Granulated white sugar and Brown Sugar. Using granulated white sugar will give good structure and brown sugar will give moistness and chewiness.
- Baking powder and baking soda for the leavening
- Eggs – large eggs here. We use eggs here for structure flavour and the moisture it lends to the cookie bar.
- Chocolate chips – semisweet or dark chocolate chips is just fine.
Mixing the dough for these cookie bars are absolutely quick. but first we need to make truffle filling. or chocolate ganache. Because it needs time to set.
TRUFFLE FILLING, Simple 2 ingredient ganache filling, – heat the cream and add in the chopped chocolate. Let it sit. and then mix to make a truffle filling. you will use this to fill in between the cookie dough layers. This needs to set until it is of spreadable consistency
If you want to make truffles then you will love these Dark Chocolate Truffles
Then mixing the CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH
Beat the melted butter with sugar, then add the eggs vanilla extract. Mix well and then incorporate flour then fold in the chocolate chips. this is the cookie dough.
Layering the cookie dough
This Cookie chip bar, has a a lovely truffle filling in between the cookie dough. which gives that ooey gooey – ness to the bar. So there are 3 steps to layering the cookie dough in an 8×8 pan.
- First – Spread a very thin layer of the cookie dough on to the pan, just enough to cover the base
- Then spread ganache or the truffle filling on the cookie dough
- Next top it with the left over cookie dough.
Bake it for about 15 to 18 mins. remove let it cool completely before cutting.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS 8X8
- sauce pan
- 1 medium sized mixing bowl
- electric beater
- 8×8 pan
- 115 grams butter measure and melt
- 100 grams granulated white sugar
- 75 grams dark soft brown sugar
- 175 grams all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 120 grams semisweet chocolate chips
truffle filling / ganache
- 150 ml cream
- 100 grams chocolate chopped
make the truffle filling
- In a saucepan heat the cream until it bubbles. Remove from heat.To this add the chopped chocolate. Let it sit for 5 to 8 mins
- using a spatula just blend until it is smooth.
- Set aside. This is the truffle filling
MAKE THE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH
- Preheat the oven and line an 8×8 pan with a parchment paper
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the melted butter and sugars until well mixed and all the lumps of the brown sugar is broken.
- To this add eggs, vanilla extract. Beat well.
- Combine flour, salt,baking soda. And fold in the chocolate chips. This is your cookie dough
LAYERING AND BAKING
- Spread a thin layer of the cookie dough. just enough to cover the base of the pan
- Fill a layer of truffle/ganache on top of the cookie dough.
- Top the ganache with a final layer of cookie dough
- I suggest to stick to the pan size as mentioned in the recipe. No changes here
- You can make it completely with granulated sugar. It will just be a little less moist. In that case just underbake for a min or 2. And let it finish off in the pan
- Serve these warmed up and the chocolate truffle is melted and gooey.
Storing these cookie bars
- These cookie bars can be stored in an airtight container and can be kept at room temperature for about 3 days.
- These bars stay well upto a week in the refrigerator . Warm them up before serving, otherwise the truffle will harden and you will not enjoy these Chocolate chip cookie bars.
- You can also freeze them. Thaw and warm them up before serving.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS FOR A CROWD
To bake for a crowd, this recipe is just perfect because
- It can completely be made ahead
- Can be served with a lot of different sauces and toppings
- Serve it with icecream sauce and nuts, and you have an amazing dessert.
For what occassion would you bake these ? or may be just for indulgence,
Whatever it is, get in touch with me on insta @sweetspotbakeblog, and stay updated.