Brookie Cups are brownie and chocolate chip cookies swirled and baked in a muffin pan. These Brownie cookie cups are the best ideas for individual desserts for any occasion.
BROWNIE & COOKIE LOVERS !!!
What are brookie cups?
To put it simply, it is best of both worlds...!!!
A fudge-y brownie batter swirled in with a soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie dough and baked in a muffin pan.
These Fudgy - ness of the brownies and the chewy-ness of the chocolate chip cookie, together baked, is something that will make you reach for the second one...! The light crunch from the cookie and the soft brownie..... Oh yummmm
- These are also called Marbled Brownie Cookie Cups or muffin pan brookies,
- Brownie Cookie Cups are one of the best ideas for individual serving desserts.
- Perfect for laying on a dessert table as part of a larger dessert spread.
- Suitable for kids birthday parties. Bake in mini cupcake pans to make it bite-sized.
- Easy to whip up and bake.
- Totally Make ahead dessert. Just bake store and serve
- Take it to another level by serving it with a scoop of ice cream and chocolate sauce
How to Make Brookie Cups?
Making the batter for these brownie cookie cups is simple. It just requires a little prep. since it involves two recipes, one for the brownie and the other for the Cookie Recipe.
Both are based on two of my best recipes
Easy Cocoa Brownies and Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie dough.
The Brownie batter is an easy simple one-bowl brownie batter (Read no melting chocolate) and the cookie dough is a soft chewy chocolate chip cookie dough. again an easy one.
The only thing here is - to measure your ingredients and keep it Ready. I suggest using a kitchen scale.
The prep will take about 20 mins.
MIXING & BAKING BROWNIE COOKIE CUPS
First make the cookie batter set it aside and then mix the brownie batter set aside. So now you have two bowls of batter.
Now for filling the muffin pan - here you may use muffin/cupcake liners or just grease a nonstick muffin or cupcake pan.
Fill half the liner with brownie batter and then the other half with the cookie dough.
Use a tooth pick to swirl it a little.
bake for 15 to 17 mins in a preheated oven. You may slightly under bake these for a nice chewy soft fudgy brookie cups
Ingredients For the Cookie Dough
- Flour – we use patent or bread flour or all purpose flour, using bread flour gives a little extra chewiness to the cookie. I have used all purpose flour
- Eggs – eggs an important ingredient, but here an extra egg yolk instead of a whole one. the egg yolk gives a rich flavour and contriutes to that extra chewiness
- Sugars – A combination of both granulated white sugar and brown sugar, with brown sugar dominating the ratio.
- Butter – is softened and at room temperature.
- Chocolate Chips – Dark, semisweet or milk anything is good, but the quantity is more. Dont we want chocolate bursting at every bite …? Dark chocolate is the preference though
Ingredients for Brownie
- Cocoa Powder – Good Quality Unsweetened Cocoa Powder. Hersheys will do good. while unsweetened and unprocessed cocoa is good. For a darker color, I suggest using dutch processed cocoa powder. I have used Hershey's here. So what kind of cocoa is the best here – unsweetened cocoa powder is the best
- Sugar – Granulated White sugar or Castor Sugar. I prefer castor and that is exactly what I have used here. So why caster sugar – because it has a fine grain which dissolves much faster into the batter. When using granulated sugar, pulse it in the food processor for a few seconds, so it is fine.
- Eggs – whole eggs here. An extra egg yolk. The extra egg yolk makes it fudgier.
- Butter – Just our basic unsalted butter melted.
- Flour – Plain all-purpose flour is used here.
PRO TIP 1 : Measure up all the ingredients in advance and mix them one after the other and then go ahead
For more on measuring in baking >> I love this article
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE
These brownie cookie cups store well in an air tight container, and remain in good condition until about a week at room temperature @24deg C/75 F
You can store baked brookie cups in an air tight container and store them in the freezer, and it will stay good for almost 3 months.
Always warm it up a little before serving
How can you make ahead brookie cups for any party ?
First of all this recipe can be double or quadrupled. So it is perfect for a crowd.
The best way I would suggest is to make brownie cookie cup ahead is to make the recipe completely
That is, mix, bake, cool. Store them in an air tight container.
To Serve - Warm it up lightly, drizzle your favourite sauce on top and serve or lay it on the dinner/dessert table
To make mini brookie cups - use a mini cupcake pan to bake these.
BROOKIE CUPS TOPPING IDEAS
- Chocolate sauce
- Hazelnut chocolate spread like Nutella or the Homemade one
- A swirl of Chocolate fudge frosting on top will make it a show stopping dessert.
- Make a decadent Sundae : Top it with A scoop of Ice cream and your favourite sauce and nuts. - Like vanilla and chocolate sauce or Chocolate Ice cream Or nutella Ice cream or Almond Fudge Ice Cream.
other mini desserts you will love to try
Peanut butter Cheese cake truffles
Drop a comment or tag us @sweetspotbakeblog on insta or reach me out at firstname.lastname@example.org
Brookie Cups Recipe
Equipment you will need
For the cookie dough
- 115 grams butter (melted and bought to room temperature)
- 175 grams granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 175 grams all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 50 grams chocolate chips (can go upto 100 to 150 grams )
FOR THE BROWNIE
- 120 grams butter (melted )
- 230 grams sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 120 grams all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (pure or dutch processed )
- Preheat oven at 180°C/350°F. Grease a muffin/cupcake pan. or line them with cupcake liners
- Measure all your ingredients for brownie batter and cookie dough
- Melt butter seperately for cookie and brownie. place them in seperate bowls. Set aside.
Make the cookie dough first
- In a mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt.keep aside
- In another bowl, use an electric beater or a hand whisk and combine, melted butter, and sugars
- Add eggs. blend until well mixed. Now slowly fold in the flour mixture, mix until all the flour is just combined. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Set it aside. This is your chocolate Chip Cookie dough
Make the Brownie Batter
- Measure butter and melt. set aside until just warm to touch before use
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter and castor sugar. whisk until smooth.Then add in the eggs, and whisk until well blended
- Sift in all purpose flour and cocoa powder. and Fold, until no flour streaks are seen.The batter will be very thick.This is your brownie batter.
- Use a table spoon or a small cookie scoop. Take about 1 tablespoon of brownie batter and cookie dough fill into the prepared cupcake/muffin tin
- Smoothen out using a spoon or a small palette knife.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 18 mins. Remove from the oven and let it sit in the pan until it completely cools. Then store these in an air tight containers until you serve
- It is important that you measure out all the ingredients and place them on the counter. that way it gets easier to mix and bake without having to get confused or mess up your counter.
- Use a weighing scale for the most precise results
- A little under baked brookie cup is fine. Under baking the brownie cookie cup will make it gooey and fudgy
Question, you don’t say what to preheat the oven to. You also don’t give and mention of salt in ingredients but say in instructions to mix flour baking soda and salt? I just want to make sure I am doing this right!
Sorry about that.
preheat the oven at 180C/350F. for about 15 to 20 mins.
Salt for the cookie just about 1/4 tsp will do.
Hope this helps
Here's the updated post-https://bakewithsweetspot.com/brookie-cups-brownie-chocolate-chip-cookie-cups/
Should you have any other problem do mail me at email@example.com